Carpetright plc is totally committed to making the internet accessible to the widest and most varied audience possible. And it starts right here by making our own website as easy as possible for you to use, whatever your needs. Wherever possible, our site has been designed in accordance with the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
What we’ve thought about
- Users on different devices and screen sizes - our website is responsive, meaning that it will adapt and display differently depending on your device or screen size and serve you the best possible browsing experience.
- A picture doesn’t always paint a thousand words – because not everyone can see images on the web clearly, we’ve included an alternative description (ALT text) wherever possible so there are other ways of knowing what the picture is.
- It’s good to know where you’re going – that’s why we use descriptive hyperlink text wherever possible.
- If it’s easy on the eye – then it’s easier for you to get the information you want. That’s why we’ve used a clear and easy-to-see web colour scheme.
- An easy-to-read type of site always helps - so we’ve used an easy-reading non-serif typeface, size and colour.
On top of that, we’ve made sure our site contains only relevant information and content that’s laid out in an easy-to-navigate way.
Need bigger text?
If you’d like the text in your browser window to be bigger, you can change it simply by holding down CTRL and scrolling with your mouse wheel until you get the size you want.
Think there’s something else we need to think about?
At Carpetright, we’re always striving to make our site as easy as possible to use so please feel free to contact us should you have any comments regarding the accessibility of our site.